26 September 2006

Damage Control

Time to assess what I've done thus far:

- Podcast is done, burned, and ready to go. I can't wait for all of you to hear it. As far as I'm concerned, I am pleased with my efforts, and those of my willing comrade, my husband. What I attempted to do is to initiate a dialogue between the "Native" and the "Immigrant;" I think that the use of images rapidly speeding by are in-line with that of the Native, while the Immigrant is focused, stagnant, and looking backwards.

- Blogging is proving to be a bit bothersome, I'll admit, but now that I am done being sick and ready to be more active, I think I will be able to pick up speed in my posting and commenting on other people's blogs, and on the course blog.

- Wikis are interesting. Since I am the type of person who LOVES to start, to make progress, and to complete whatever I'm doing, wikis are trying my patience. I think the best practice I've had thus far is posting on Jack's SharedShortFiction. I added a paragraph or two, and can't wait to see where the story goes next.

- Final Project projections are fuzzy. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I am intrigued by Flash Poetry, as suggestion on the course wiki. I am planning on taking a look at some of it during the next week to see if that is truly what I want to do. I love writing creatively, so I'm thinking it would be a great combination between the creative-me and the technologically-more-savvy-me. We'll see.

- Friedman and the Alvermann book are a lot when combined, but I'm finding that I think the two work well together, one source being a journalist and the others being educators/researchers. They provide both sides of the same angle, and that is helpful. More comments to come in future posts.

Out.

No comments: