28 October 2006

VENTING

Alright...Alex and Karen know that I've been having technological issues with my iMovie. There is no possibility that it will be done by Tuesday and I think (maybe) I've come to terms with that. However, I REALLY want to make this movie! More for my husband who says..."How'd that movie come out? I really want to see it..." GRRR!!

I am going to try again on Tuesday when I'm in Cortland, but I can only access my footage on the mac I was on last week in class, since my stuff is stuck (permanently?) on that computer. I have tried to delete extra clips that I probably don't need, but the program shuts down before I can save it and/or burn it. So I did that A LOT before I gave up.

I think that computer has a death wish for my iMovie.

I'm sure there's something wrong with the computer or my disk or both. I'm also sure that I don't really like iMovie and I'm positive that I am frustrated beyond my belief. After spending a couple of hours on Thursday trying to just transfer the info to my disk (and walking away much angrier than when I sat down), I decided to do something productive with my time.

I started working on my final project, using iMovie (grr...) to make hypertext poetry. While I'm using this program because it is available, I wonder what "extras" and "benefits" Flash has that I do not have at my disposal. I've only done about a minute's worth of "La Belle Dame san Merci," and I already think there are too few options to play with. I'll keep messing with it...

Does anyone know why the still pictures I use in iMovie are fuzzy and out of focus after I import them in??!?

And there are rules (yes, rules) as to how long clips have to be before and after using transitions ( I know 5 seconds is 5 seconds, but...).


1 comment:

jennifer wasser said...

hi dawn - i am having the same problem. i found my imovie still saved on the computer i used last week in class as well, but as you might remember - it is also nowhere to be found on my dvd. i am planning on trying to sneak into that lab tomorrow in between the classes. between 11:20-1:15 it appears that our classroom will be free, according to the class times posted by alex earlier in the semester on the blog. anyway good luck to you -- you're not alone, i am in the same boat! see you tomorrow.